The Accounting Specialist is a full-time position responsible for providing assistance to the Accounting & Payroll Supervisor as directed. This position is also responsible to perform all duties in a manner that reflects professionalism, accountability, compliance with funding requirements, adaptability, and high attention to detail. This position performs duties in accordance with Welcome House Core Values, including: Compassion, Advocacy, Integrity, Quality, Leadership and Community.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Input of invoices and manual check request into Financial Edge
• Reconcile Credit Card A/P invoices
• Audit Credit Card activity and train new hires on Credit Card processes
• Process weekly cash requirements and check runs
• Process month-end rental assistance payables and reports
• Process monthly AR
• Prepare donations for bank deposits
• Prepare monthly internal financial statements
• Enter deposit/in-kind batches into Raisers Edge
• Manages monthly office supply order
• Manages Drivers List and sends updates to Insurance
• File accounting and administrative documentation and copy and create files as directed
• Organize backup documentation
• Complete miscellaneous task & projects as directed by COO, VP of HR & Grant Administration, and Accounting & Payroll Supervisor
3. Other duties as specified by the Accounting & Payroll Supervisor
• Minimum Associates Degree or equivalent
• 1-2 years Accounting related experience
• 3-5 years overall professional experience
Key Performance Indicators
• Understands agency vision/mission and how to achieve agency goals
• Increase knowledge of agency
• Progression to working independently
• Takes advantage of training opportunities
• Meets departmental compliance requirements with supervision
• Proficient in high volume data entry and data management.
• Knowledge and experience with Financial Edge software preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Calm, organized, patient, diplomatic, and confident demeanor in working with staff
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding financial information.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to a wide range of audiences, including staff, volunteers, donors, service professionals, and external vendors.
• Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
• Ability to problem solve and work independently.
• Work typically performed in an indoor, 3-floor office building
Tools and Equipment Used
• Personal computer, copier, fax/scanner, phone, and other typical office equipment
Physical and Mental Demands
• Frequently required to sit at a desk/workstation for long period of time
• Ability to work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
• Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment
• Ability to speak to and hear employees/clients via phone or in person
• Body motor skills sufficient to enable incumbent to move between 3 floors
• Additional Mental Requirements: compare, decide, direct, problem solve, analyze, instruct, interpret
• Minimal lifting up to 50 pounds: office supplies
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to: email@example.com
Welcome House is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.