The Street Outreach Service Coordinator is a full-time professional, direct service position responsible for identifying and building rapport with homeless individuals and families living on the street or in community places. This position will assist clients in breaking the cycle of homelessness by moving from the street to interim housing, accessing necessary. Social services, and rapidly obtaining permanent housing. This position performs duties in accordance with Welcome House Core Values, including: Ethical, Collaborative, Client-Centered, Accountable, Professional, and Passionate.
|PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Identify and provide outreach services to the homeless population in the community, on the streets and in homeless camps.
· Providing essential services necessary to reach out to unsheltered homeless people; connect them with emergency shelter, housing, or critical services.
· Provides transportation for clients/client families, as needed.
· Organizes Mobile Outreach Team to ensure proper coverage by team members.
· Responsible for providing documentation of homelessness for the Mobile Outreach Team.
2. Internal/External Collaboration
· Collaborates with the Mobile Outreach Team to assist clients in accessing resources.
· Work cohesively with other outreach community members and the NKY CoC Community.
· Identify and engage needed partnerships that will improve serves and/or process and reduce barriers for clients
· Provides respectful and collaborative support to service team members and shares responsibility with all team members for client outcomes.
· Represents the agency, Outreach and Stability team and/or Director of Program Operations at outside agency meetings on an as needed basis.
· Maintains positive public relations and serves as a liaison with other related community services.
· Provide other WH direct service staff with mentoring and training about street outreach procedures.
· Maintains up to date client list.
· Keeps accurate data on all clients and assists the Director of Program Operations with data gathering and reporting, as needed.
· Provides information to the Director of Program Operations for quarterly and annual reporting purposes.
· Provides analysis of data and outcomes to the Director of Program Operations, when requested.
4. Other duties as specified by the Director of Program Operations.
Key Performance Indicators:
Tools and Equipment Used
Physical and Mental Demands
Welcome House is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.