The Street Outreach Service Coordinator is a full-time professional, direct service position responsible for identifying and building rapport with homeless individuals and families living on the street or in community places. This position will assist clients in breaking the cycle of homelessness by moving from the street to interim housing, accessing necessary Social services, and rapidly obtaining permanent housing. This position performs duties in accordance with Welcome House Core Values, including: Compassion, Advocacy, Integrity, Quality, Leadership and Community.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify and provide outreach services to the homeless population in the community, on the streets and in homeless camps.
• Providing essential services necessary to reach out to unsheltered homeless people; connect them with emergency shelter, housing, or critical services.
• Provides transportation for clients/client families, as needed.
• Organizes Mobile Outreach Team to ensure proper coverage by team members.
• Responsible for providing documentation of homelessness for the Mobile Outreach Team.
2. Internal/External Collaboration
• Collaborates with the Mobile Outreach Team to assist clients in accessing resources.
• Work cohesively with other outreach community members and the NKY CoC Community.
• Identify and engage needed partnerships that will improve serves and/or process and reduce barriers for clients
• Provides respectful and collaborative support to service team members and shares responsibility with all team members for client outcomes.
• Represents the agency, Outreach and Stability team and/or Director of Program Operations at outside agency meetings on an as needed basis.
• Maintains positive public relations and serves as a liaison with other related community services.
• Provide other WH direct service staff with mentoring and training about street outreach procedures.
• Maintains up to date client list.
• Keeps accurate data on all clients and assists the Director of Program Operations with data gathering and reporting, as needed.
• Provides information to the Director of Program Operations for quarterly and annual reporting purposes.
• Provides analysis of data and outcomes to the Director of Program Operations, when requested.
4. Other duties as specified by the Director of Program Operations.
• Minimum Associate Degree to Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Chemical dependency certification, preferred
• A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in the social service field
• Knowledge of problem solving techniques and have a high capacity to think critically
• Be efficient and thorough in documentation skills
• Advanced ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
• Advanced ability in conflict management
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to develop community resources and networking ability
• Ability to collaborate both internally and externally
Key Performance Indicators:
• Understands agency vision/mission and how to achieve agency goals
• Understands culture of poverty and works effectively with clients
• Be proficient in client engagement
• Increased knowledge of and involvement in community resources/partnerships
• Increased knowledge of Mental Health/Substance Abuse resources
• Provides training & mentoring of case managers
• Advanced knowledge of job readiness
• Advanced knowledge of assessment
• Participating in leadership responsibilities within case management team
• Involvement in and understanding of quarterly and annual reports
• Meets departmental compliance requirements with very limited supervision
• Work typically performed in an indoor, 3-floor office building with stairs only.
Tools and Equipment Used
• Personal computer, copier, fax/scanner, phone, and other typical office equipment.
• Minimal-less than 25% of the time.
Physical and Mental Demands
• Frequently required to sit at a desk/workstation for long period of time
• Ability to work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
• Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment
• Ability to speak to and hear employees/clients via phone or in person
• Body motor skills sufficient to enable incumbent to move between 3 floors
• Additional Mental Requirements: compare, decide, direct, problem solve, analyze, instruct, interpret
• Minimum lifting up to and above 50 pounds
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome House is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.