The Street Outreach Service Coordinator is a full-time professional, direct service position responsible for identifying and building rapport with homeless individuals and families living on the street or in community places. This position will assist clients in breaking the cycle of homelessness by moving from the street to interim housing, accessing necessary. Social services, and rapidly obtaining permanent housing. This position performs duties in accordance with Welcome House Core Values, including: Compassion, Advocacy, Integrity, Quality, Leadership and Community.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Minimum Associate Degree to Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in the social service field
• Knowledge of problem solving techniques and have a high capacity to think critically
• Be efficient and thorough in documentation skills
• Advanced ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
• Advanced ability in conflict management
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to develop community resources and networking ability
• Ability to collaborate both internally and externally
Key Performance Indicators:
• Understands agency vision/mission and how to achieve agency goals
• Understands culture of poverty and works effectively with clients
• Be proficient in client engagement
• Increased knowledge of and involvement in community resources/partnerships
• Increased knowledge of Mental Health/Substance Abuse resources
• Provides training & mentoring of case managers
• Advanced knowledge of job readiness
• Advanced knowledge of assessment
• Participating in leadership responsibilities within case management team
• Involvement in and understanding of quarterly and annual reports
• Meets departmental compliance requirements with very limited supervision
• Work typically performed in an indoor, 3-floor office building with stairs only.
Tools and Equipment Used
• Personal computer, copier, fax/scanner, phone, and other typical office equipment.
• Minimal-less than 50% of the time.
Physical and Mental Demands
• Frequently required to sit at a desk/workstation for long period of time
• Ability to work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
• Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment
• Ability to speak to and hear employees/clients via phone or in person
• Body motor skills sufficient to enable incumbent to move between 3 floors
• Additional Mental Requirements: compare, decide, direct, problem solve, analyze, instruct, interpret
• Minimum lifting up to and above 50 pounds
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome House is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.